Monday, August 29, 2011

Well hello there

Hey there, hi there, ho there! Even though I suspect my friend Laura will be the only one who will actually read this blog, allow me to introduce myself.
 
 
I am Molly, a twentysomething gal who has a terrific family, boyfriend, and support system of awesome friends. I am passionate about a lot of things: helping people, having fun, watching Jeopardy!, being a sports fan- especially for teams that are terrible (Cincinnati Reds & Washington Redskins, I'm talking to you), and learning new & random facts for no particular reason. I am currently unemployed, having recently gotten my Masters in counseling, but am hoping to blackmail convince someone to hire me soon.

Although I'll probably respond to just about anything that sounds remotely like my name or one of its abbreviations, people know me by many different nicknames. For example:
-Dr. Spin: by my boyfriend, who puts up with me constantly trying to make things sound more positive. ("Your car died? I'm so sorry-- but hey, at least you won't have to pay for gas now!")
-Webster: by my sorority sisters and college friends, for my love of words, correct grammar, completing crossword puzzles in pen, and kicking ass at Scrabble. ("I'll take Word Origins for $2000, Alex.")
-Mollyanna: by my internship supervisor, for being too cheerful and optimistic. ("I'm sure those feuding gangs will see the error of their ways soon... and the stabbing took place outside of school, so less paperwork for us!")
-Social Chair: by my grad school friends, for being the obnoxious one who procrastinated schoolwork by planning social gatherings. ("Hey guys! I know we have a term paper due tomorrow, but graduation is only 11 short months away, so I've spent the last 3 hours scoping out a few venues for our celebration....")
-Gibbles: by long-time family friends and everyone at Girl Scout camp, for always laughing and for not being able to pronounce "giggles" when I was 3 years old. (them: "Hey Giggles!" 3 year-old me: "My name is not 'gibbles!'')
So that's me in a nutshell. This blog is basically an outlet for my musings, brilliant ideas, terrible jokes, and comical life events. If you're still reading this and have chuckled at least once since landing on this page, you're a trooper! Hopefully you'll stick around and enjoy the rest of my ramblings.
~Molls

1 comment: